Thursday, January 1, 2009

September 22, 2008--Initial Consult

I had my initial consultation at Barix Clinic with Dr. Nunn. What a very nice gentleman who I am fully confident with. We had a group meeting first and then he met with each person individually after one of his nurses took stats, etc. He took his time with us and answered all of our questions. He asked me what I wanted for surgery, whether it be Roux en Y or lapband and I told him definitely Roux en Y--if he was going in there, we may as well go for the gold! He said, "Good!" I asked if he thought he could do it laparospically (sp?) since I had had a hysterectomy and he was sure he will be able to -- much easier and quicker recovery. Only one night in the hospital! But a five hour drive home. Maybe he will want me to stay overnight in the area. Don't know...will know more after PATS (pre-admission testing) on January 26th, but I am getting ahead of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment