Thursday, January 1, 2009

On Our Way Home: 9/22/2008 after Barix Clinic Visit

We discussed what we had seen and heard and decided there was no reason to go elsewhere. This place is only about bariatrics. They know what they are doing. They have fat people chairs even! With arms on them! I could have almost sat two of me in that chair! They also know how to push through insurance approval. I knew other places make you pretty much do it yourself and I know people who have been denied by their insurance and I think the big reason is because they didn't know how to get the insurance approved--the magic words they had to use to get approval. This is what Barix Clinic does all the time. I'm not a paid advertisement; I'm just impressed with their management style, etc.

I had all the paperwork with me for what I had to do with my docs: regular family doctor and my psychiatrist. I needed a psychological evaluation and I needed my regular doctor to write a letter of approval stating he had medically supervised my weight loss efforts for at least six continuous months. However, BOTH of them had told me that I should not have weight loss surgery. I figured I had my work cut out for me, but I was determined and I was going to persevere until I found who I needed to do what I needed done.

No comments:

Post a Comment